Do you have AppleWatch? If yes, you must have paired it with your iPhone. Now suddenly you feel like getting a new iPhone or your current iPhone needs to be replaced. One way or another, there comes a time in the life of every AppleWatch where it will need to be paired to a new iPhone.
A new iPhone means it’s time to unpair and pair.For most cases, apple watch accesses its data from iCloud and iTunes backup. If you’re switching from an older iPhone to a new iPhone, you’re going to need to get that data off if you don’t want to set up yourAppleWatch as new. You can pair your Watch by two ways:
- Pairing your AppleWatch to new iPhone by using backup
- Pairing your AppleWatch to new iPhone without any backup
Link your Apple Watch to new iPhone by using Backup
- Go to AppleWatch app on your old iPhone
- Tap Unpair AppleWatch. This will remove the pairing between your Watch and iPhone and backs up your old iPhone as well as resets your AppleWatch to factory setting
After the successful unpairing of the Watch, it reboots to the language screen. Choose the language you know the best and want to use the iPhone on.
- Make sure you create iCloud or iTunes backup of your old iPhone
- Start setting up your new iPhone, select restore from iCloud or iTunes backup
- Now, open the AppleWatch application in your new iPhone and select to pair your Watch
- Once paired, tap restore from backup
- Finish the steps with usual agreeing to the terms and conditions, signing in , creating the passcode for your Watch, choosing whether to unlock the Watch with iPhone or not, setting up Apple pay
- Your Watch will then finish the sync. It may take up to a half-hour for your data to be restored.
Link your Apple Watch to new iPhone without a backup
If you don’t have the backup of your old iPhone or don’t care the data on your Watch and wish to start from beginning, you just landed in the perfect place for the solution of your problems
- On you watch, Navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content to reset the Watch to its factory settings
- After the successful resetting of the Watch, it reboots to the language screen.Choose the language you know the best and want to use the iPhone on.
- Launch the AppleWatch app on your new iPhone
- Start pairing by clicking on pair your Watch
- Once paired, tap Set Up as New AppleWatch.
- Choose on which wrist you’ll be wearing the Watch so that it can be collaborated
- Read all the terms and conditions and click on Agree
- Sign in using your Apple ID if prompted
- Choose whether or not you want to automatically install all available apps. If you choose no, you can manually install whatever app you’d like later with the AppleWatch app.
- Let synchronisation finish on your AppleWatch. After the sync finishes, it’s done and you are ready to go
Hope we have covered useful info on how to link 7 pair apple watch to new iPhone device with backup and without backup.
If we have missed out any other important info on pairing apple watch please do let us know in the comments section.